Performing TMJ Jaw Movement Side to Side Exercises can easily relief TMJ and rehabilitate the jaw muscles to it original condition.
Temporomandibular joint problems occur when the joints are not working in the right way. The joints have a great impact on your entire face. Thus, when the joints have issues, they can lead to severe or minor pain or other problems. TMJ disorder can lead to pain when you move the jaws. You might also suffer from other issues such as difficulty chewing or opening the mouth. TMJ disorder can also lead to poor teeth alignment, chronic jaw clenching, poor posture lockjaw, or fracture.
You can speed the jaw muscles rehabilitate by using the JawFlex® TMJ exerciser to do jaw moment side to side exercises and other TMJ exercises. Jaw moment exercises are helpful as they help ease pain, help you regain your usual jaw movement, and reduce the daily stress of your jaw. One of the exercises you can do with our jaw exerciser is jaw movement side to side exercise. Like the forward jaw movement, the exercise boosts the comfortable range of motion. The jaw moment exercise also helps stretch the masseter muscle that raises your lower jaw.
Here are steps on how to do jaw movement side to side for TMJ relief…
The first variation of the jaw movement exercises
- Look for a clean, sanitary object measuring a quarter of an inch. You can opt for stacked tongue depressors.
- Hold the object in between your lower and upper front teeth.
- Move your jaw from side to side slowly.
- Increase the size of the object as you get used to the exercise with time. You can stack them on top of each other.
The second variation of the jaw movement exercises
- To start the exercise, get a stable chair and ensure you sit upright in this chair.
- Make sure you have a good neck and head posture.
- Once you get into the right position, then swivel your eyes to the right side and slide the jaw to the left side.
- Hold this position for five to ten seconds.
- After the five to ten seconds, allow your eyes and your jaw to return to the position you started.
- Repeat the steps reversing the directions.
- Continue until when you have done the jaw movement side to side three to six times in every direction.